According to 2008 Hong Kong IMO Convention and EU Regulation 1257/2013, Ship Recycling Facilities are required to have a proper Ship Recycling Facility Plan. Ship Recycling Facility Plan (SRFP) is the main document relied upon by Competent Authorities (or an organisation recognized by them) when authorizing a Ship Recycling Facility.ICS-Solix ™ offers a wide range of Ship Recycling Facility Consulting Services, covering the full spectrum of required actions to comply with competent regulatory framework. Our services in that sector cover following:
- Site survey to the yard to compile an audit report of the facilities currently being used, or that are planned on being used
- Provision of necessary suggestions for improvement
- Recommendations deal with a greater range of hazardous materials
- Establishment of Ship Recycling Facility Plan – Description of the operations and procedures performed at Ship Recycling Facility to ensure compliance with the Hong Kong Convention and the EU Ship Recycling Regulations.
- Site Audits to verify that Facility operations conform to the description in the SRFP